6/17/13

The Man From Nowhere (2010)


A quiet pawnshop keeper with a violent past takes on a drug- and organ trafficking ring in hope of saving the child who is his only friend.

Review: 9/10
Simply wow.

A lot of people are put off by foreign language films and I hope people don't let that stop them from watching this.

It has all the panache of a typical Hollywood film and I have to disagree with some comments that the back-story aspect is lacking compared with the action; my exact thoughts when watching this film were along the lines of "I cannot believe how genuine the character-development is". The bond between the two main characters is extremely believable (huge props to the actress who played the young kid.) I thought the fact that the film wasn't edited down to the hour-and-half standard probably gave them room to develop more and for an action film, there was much more intelligence than I was expecting to the story.

One of the best films I have seen in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment